By Rosemary Hunter,Sharon Cowan
This present and well timed quantity offers new considering and new instructions in feminist felony scholarship. Rethinking key innovations in criminal feminism, Cowan and Hunter supply a distinct exam of key socio-legal innovations in legislation, jurisprudence and felony and political theory.
Written by means of a world solid of individuals, providing varied cultural views in addition to doctrinal and theoretical wisdom, this choice of essays offers a discussion among diversified feminist positions and techniques to a standard theme.
It addresses various questions, together with:
- Can 'consent' be rethought and infused with varied meanings in a post-liberal feminist politics?
- Can the suggestions of 'choice' and 'consent' have constant meanings and features among various parts of legislations, or whether or not they end up to be hugely contingent whilst seen around the huge box of law.
Exploring the deeply gendered strategies of ‘choice’ and ‘consent’ and reading the philosophical and jurisprudential concerns surrounding them in addition to how ‘choice’ and ‘consent’ function particularly parts of legislation, together with felony legislations, clinical legislations, constitutional legislation, employment legislation, family members legislations and civil technique, this quantity is a key source for postgraduate legislation scholars learning jurisprudence.
Read or Download Choice and Consent: Feminist Engagements with Law and Subjectivity (Critical Approaches to Law S) PDF
Similar international law books
In comparison to household transactions, the dangers linked to foreign revenues are drastically improved. it's a infrequent foreign revenues contract which could depend on minor adaptations of normal phrases, as is so frequently the case in household agreements. international legislation, export/import and forex controls, treaties, transit concerns, inspection of products, coverage, tariffs--all those and extra has to be taken into consideration in agreement negotiations.
Overseas legislation is either an advent to the topic and a severe attention of its primary subject matters and debates. the hole chapters of the ebook clarify how overseas legislation underpins the overseas political and economy by way of developing the fundamental precept of the independence of States, and their correct to settle on their very own political, monetary, and cultural platforms.
This booklet explores the capability through which fiscal liberalisation could be reconciled with human rights and environmental safety within the law of foreign alternate. it really is essentially focused on making a choice on the teachings the overseas group can study, in particular within the context of the WTO, from a long time of eu group and Union adventure in dealing with this query.
The ebook exhibits that self-help in advertisement legislations is a quick, reasonably cheap and effective replacement to courtroom enforcement. Self-help treatments and personal debt assortment are principally yet now not solely good points of universal legislations jurisdictions, for the reason that remnants of non-public enforcement can nonetheless be present in agreement legislation in civilian structures.
- Moral Systems and the Evolution of Human Rights (SpringerBriefs in Sociology)
- Regional Autonomy, Cultural Diversity and Differentiated Territorial Government: The Case of Tibet – Chinese and Comparative Perspectives (Law, Development and Globalization)
- Maritime Work Law Fundamentals: Responsible Shipowners, Reliable Seafarers
- European Governance and Supranational Institutions: Making States Comply (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
- Indigenous Peoples' Cultural Property Claims: Repatriation and Beyond
Additional info for Choice and Consent: Feminist Engagements with Law and Subjectivity (Critical Approaches to Law S)
Choice and Consent: Feminist Engagements with Law and Subjectivity (Critical Approaches to Law S) by Rosemary Hunter,Sharon Cowan