By Noël Carroll
- Bold and provocative thesis written by way of certainly one of America’s most appropriate movie theorists
- Takes a different examine the philosophies in the back of Keaton’s style
- Weighs visible components over narrative shape within the research of the Keaton’s work
- Provides a clean vantage aspect for research of movie and comedy itself
Read or Download Comedy Incarnate: Buster Keaton, Physical Humor, and Bodily Coping PDF
Best philosophical logic & language books
In Consequentialism Reconsidered, Carlson strives to discover a believable formula of the structural a part of consequentialism. Key notions are analyzed, corresponding to results, possible choices and performability. Carlson argues that consequentialism will be understood as a maximizing instead of a satisficing concept, and as temporally impartial instead of destiny orientated.
This essay includes fabric with a view to expectantly be of curiosity not just to philosophers, but in addition to these social scientists whose study matters the research of communique, verbal or non-verbal. even supposing lots of the themes taken up listed below are principal to matters within the philosophy of language, they're, in my view, indistinguishable from themes in descriptive social psychology.
Isaac von Sinclair (1775–1815), deutscher Diplomat und Schriftsteller, unternimmt in seinem dreibändigen Hauptwerk ›Wahrheit und Gewissheit‹ (1811) eine systematische Darstellung der menschlichen Erfahrung. Der hier edierte Band 1 entwickelt die metaphysischen und anthropologischen Grundlagen. Im Ausgang vom höchsten Zweifel entwirft Sinclair eine Metaphysik der Erfahrung, die von einer spekulativen Logik zu Themen wie Gott, Bewusstsein, Leben und Körperlichkeit reicht.
Mass ideology is exclusive to fashionable society and rooted in early smooth philosophy. generally, wisdom have been considered as resting on metaphysics. Rejecting metaphysical fact evoked questions about the resource of -truth. - For nineteenth-century ideologists, -truth- comes both from dominating sessions in a gradually decided historical past or from a post-Copernican freedom of some of the best guy to create it.
- Recent Trends in Philosophical Logic (Trends in Logic)
- Mathematical Intuitionism and Intersubjectivity: A Critical Exposition of Arguments for Intuitionism (Synthese Library)
- Introduction to Logic and to the Methodology of the Deductive Sciences (Oxford Logic Guides)
Extra resources for Comedy Incarnate: Buster Keaton, Physical Humor, and Bodily Coping
Comedy Incarnate: Buster Keaton, Physical Humor, and Bodily Coping by Noël Carroll