By Elaine R. Sanchez
Authored by means of cataloging librarians, educators, and knowledge process specialists, this e-book of essays addresses rules and strategies for tackling the trendy demanding situations of cataloging and metadata practices.
• includes essays authored via skilled, passionate, and articulate catalogers, metadata librarians, and different experts
• comprises unique study survey effects on librarians' perspectives relating to present themes reminiscent of RDA, AACR2, FRBR, using upstream information, and cataloging at the Semantic Web
• includes an introductory timeline and background of cataloging and metadata from historical to provide times
• presents a chronological bibliography of chosen works concerning cataloging and libraries via 1800 and a extra whole bibliography of comparable works
• features a foreword and afterword via 3 the world over identified and revered cataloging figures, Michael Gorman, Dr. Sheila S. Intner, and Dr. Susan S. Lazinger
Read or Download Conversations with Catalogers in the 21st Century (Libraries Unlimited Library Management Collection) PDF
Best library & information science books
Discover a wide selection of cooperative initiativesat nearby, statewide, and overseas degrees! This publication examines a wide selection of cooperative efforts and consortia in libraries, either geographically and when it comes to such actions as digitization and cooperative reference companies. you are going to learn the way libraries are cooperating domestically, at the statewide point, and across the world to supply greater carrier to all types of clients.
Hundreds of thousands of e-books are released every year; and instead of maintaining regular, booklet costs are emerging a few three. five% this yr by myself. With such a lot of titles in the market, how have you learnt which of them will really movement? Demand-driven acquisition (DDA) could be the solution to your library, and getting began needn t be daunting.
For over 20 years, digitisation has been a center component to the trendy info panorama. The electronic lifecycle is now good outlined, and criteria and reliable perform were built for many of its key phases. There continues to be, despite the fact that, a frequent loss of coordination of digitisation projects, either inside and throughout diverse sectors, and there are disparate ways to choice standards.
The prestige of kingdom important Libraries in India: An Analytical research is the 1st finished examine undertaken in India evaluating the prestige and actions of country primary Libraries in several country and Union Territories of India. The actual and specific info at the constitution and functioning of the apex Public Library of the States/Union Territories of India elaborated during this booklet may be of significant curiosity to the neighborhood, nationwide and foreign library neighborhood, along with the kingdom and important govt gurus of India.
- The Expert Library: Staffing, Sustaining, and Advancing The Academic Library in The 21st Century
- What They Didn't Tell You About Knowledge Management
- Libraries, Literacy, and African American Youth: Research and Practice: Research and Practice
- Working with Library Collections: An Introduction for Support Staff (Library Support Staff Handbooks)
- Comprehensive Guide to Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
- Rethinking Technical Services: New Frameworks, New Skill Sets, New Tools, New Roles (Creating the 21st-Century Academic Library)
Additional resources for Conversations with Catalogers in the 21st Century (Libraries Unlimited Library Management Collection)
Conversations with Catalogers in the 21st Century (Libraries Unlimited Library Management Collection) by Elaine R. Sanchez