By Christopher Brown
This easy-to-use primer will empower anyone—even people with no IT background—to face the problem of including a number of applied sciences to library companies or keeping latest technologies.
• bargains librarians a one-stop source for dealing with uncomplicated expertise concerns of their facilities
• Written in an easy, straight forward demeanour that even the least technologically savvy librarians can simply understand
• contains screenshots that make clear issues through the book
• Addresses demanding situations specific to libraries, comparable to operating with the general public and operating info know-how operations on a shoestring budget
Read Online or Download Crash Course in Technology Planning PDF
Similar library & information science books
Discover a large choice of cooperative initiativesat nearby, statewide, and foreign degrees! This e-book examines a wide selection of cooperative efforts and consortia in libraries, either geographically and by way of such actions as digitization and cooperative reference companies. you will find out how libraries are cooperating domestically, at the statewide point, and the world over to supply greater carrier to all types of clients.
Millions of e-books are released every year; and instead of retaining regular, publication costs are emerging a few three. five% this yr on my own. With such a lot of titles available in the market, how have you learnt which of them will really move? Demand-driven acquisition (DDA) could be the resolution to your library, and getting began needn t be daunting.
For over 20 years, digitisation has been a center section of the fashionable details panorama. The electronic lifecycle is now good outlined, and criteria and solid perform were constructed for many of its key phases. There is still, in spite of the fact that, a frequent loss of coordination of digitisation tasks, either inside of and throughout diverse sectors, and there are disparate techniques to choice standards.
The prestige of kingdom relevant Libraries in India: An Analytical examine is the 1st entire research undertaken in India evaluating the prestige and actions of country primary Libraries in numerous kingdom and Union Territories of India. The exact and precise info at the constitution and functioning of the apex Public Library of the States/Union Territories of India elaborated during this publication may be of significant curiosity to the local, nationwide and foreign library group, along with the nation and valuable executive specialists of India.
- Providing Reference Services: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- Business Reference Services and Sources: How End Users and Librarians Work Together (The Reference Librarian , Vol 27, No 58)
- Advances in Library Administration and Organization: 32
- Critical Thinking Within the Library Program
- Information Services Today: An Introduction
- Ace the Interview, Land a Librarian Job
Extra resources for Crash Course in Technology Planning
Crash Course in Technology Planning by Christopher Brown