By Tristam P. Coffin
Read Online or Download Indian Tales of North America: An Anthology for the Adult Reader (Bibliographical & Special Series) PDF
Best folklore & mythology books
Il nano, con l. a. sua presenza viva ma ambigua, è un personaggio che esprime l. a. sintesi del conflitto tra Natura e Artificio. Allo stupor e alla maraviglia del mondo medievale e umanistico according to questo ‘artificio d’uomo’ si associavano quesiti medici e giuridici. Nei confronti del nano los angeles produzione artistica e l. a. pubblicistica scientifica rivelano inquietudine e paura del ‘diverso’ e del ‘mostro’.
First released in 2000. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
A travel of Portsmouth's again alleys and docksides, packed with the lingering whispers and thoughts of generations lengthy useless. enterprise during the haunted earlier and current of Portsmouth, New Hampshire in case you dare. sooner than Portsmouth was once an enthralling seashore group, it used to be a rough-and-tumble seaport. listen phantom footsteps within the element of Pines Burial floor and mysterious voices on the Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse, haunted by way of the ghost of its former keeper.
This pleasant assortment makes the wealthy yet little-known Slovak folks tradition to be had for English-language readers. many of the fifty stories assembled right here from the collections of folklorist Pavol Dobsinsky are translated into English for the 1st time. The poetic features of the originals were rigorously preserved.
- Mysterious Celtic Mythology in American Folklore
- Metaphysical Community: The Interplay of the Senses and the Intellect
- The Supernatural Revamped: From Timeworn Legends to Twenty-First-Century Chic
- The Anthropology of Texts, Persons and Publics: Oral and Written Culture in Africa and Beyond (New Departures in Anthropology)
- Myths of the Cherokee (Native American)
- Pole Raising and Speech Making: Modalities of Swedish American Summer Celebration (Ritual, Festival, and Celebration)
Additional resources for Indian Tales of North America: An Anthology for the Adult Reader (Bibliographical & Special Series)
Indian Tales of North America: An Anthology for the Adult Reader (Bibliographical & Special Series) by Tristam P. Coffin