By Jean-Philippe Anker,Bent Orsted
* First of 3 self sustaining, self-contained volumes lower than the final identify, "Lie Theory," that includes unique effects and survey paintings from well known mathematicians.
* includes J. C. Jantzen's "Nilpotent Orbits in illustration Theory," and K.-H. Neeb's "Infinite Dimensional teams and their Representations."
* finished remedies of the appropriate geometry of orbits in Lie algebras, or their duals, and the correspondence to representations.
* may still gain graduate scholars and researchers in arithmetic and mathematical physics.
Read or Download Lie Theory: Lie Algebras and Representations (Progress in Mathematics) PDF
Similar group theory books
Devoted to Anthony Joseph, this quantity includes surveys and invited articles through prime experts in illustration concept. the point of interest this is on semisimple Lie algebras and quantum teams, the place the effect of Joseph's paintings has been seminal and has replaced the face of the topic. introductory biographical overviews of Joseph's contributions in classical illustration conception (the conception of primitive beliefs in semisimple Lie algebras) and quantized illustration idea (the examine of the quantized enveloping algebra) are via sixteen learn articles overlaying a few various and fascinating subject matters in illustration conception.
A totally remodeled new version of this magnificent textbook. This key paintings is geared to the desires of the graduate scholar. It covers, with proofs, the standard significant branches of teams, jewelry, fields, and modules. Its inclusive technique implies that the entire valuable components are explored, whereas the extent of element is perfect for the meant readership.
Here's a key textual content almost about illustration thought in finite teams. The pages of this wonderful little booklet, ready by means of Rafael Stekolshchik, comprise a couple of new proofs in relation to Coxeter differences and the McKay Correspondence. They contain principles and formulae from a few luminaries together with J.
The articles in those volumes arose from papers given on the 1991 overseas Symposium on Geometric staff conception, they usually symbolize a number of the most modern pondering during this region. this primary quantity includes contributions from the various world's prime figures during this box, and their contributions exhibit the various fascinating points of geometrical workforce idea.
- Representation Theory of Finite Groups: An Introductory Approach (Universitext)
- Nilpotent Orbits, Primitive Ideals, and Characteristic Classes: A Geometric Perspective in Ring Theory (Progress in Mathematics)
- A History of Abstract Algebra
- Groups St Andrews 1997 in Bath: Volume 2 (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
Extra info for Lie Theory: Lie Algebras and Representations (Progress in Mathematics)
Lie Theory: Lie Algebras and Representations (Progress in Mathematics) by Jean-Philippe Anker,Bent Orsted