By J.C. Rosales,P. A. García-Sánchez
"Numerical Semigroups" is the 1st monograph dedicated completely to the advance of the speculation of numerical semigroups. This concise, self-contained textual content is out there to first 12 months graduate scholars, giving the entire historical past wanted for readers unexpected with the subject. Researchers will locate the instruments offered beneficial in generating examples and counterexamples in different fields reminiscent of algebraic geometry, quantity thought, and linear programming.
Read Online or Download Numerical Semigroups: 20 (Developments in Mathematics) PDF
Similar group theory books
Devoted to Anthony Joseph, this quantity comprises surveys and invited articles via best experts in illustration thought. the focal point this is on semisimple Lie algebras and quantum teams, the place the impression of Joseph's paintings has been seminal and has replaced the face of the topic. introductory biographical overviews of Joseph's contributions in classical illustration concept (the idea of primitive beliefs in semisimple Lie algebras) and quantized illustration conception (the examine of the quantized enveloping algebra) are by way of sixteen learn articles overlaying a few different and engaging issues in illustration conception.
A totally remodeled new version of this marvelous textbook. This key paintings is geared to the wishes of the graduate scholar. It covers, with proofs, the standard significant branches of teams, jewelry, fields, and modules. Its inclusive procedure signifies that the entire useful components are explored, whereas the extent of aspect is perfect for the meant readership.
Here's a key textual content almost about illustration idea in finite teams. The pages of this glorious little ebook, ready via Rafael Stekolshchik, comprise a few new proofs in terms of Coxeter adjustments and the McKay Correspondence. They comprise rules and formulae from a few luminaries together with J.
The articles in those volumes arose from papers given on the 1991 foreign Symposium on Geometric team thought, and so they signify a few of the most modern considering during this region. this primary quantity includes contributions from some of the world's major figures during this box, and their contributions display the various fascinating aspects of geometrical crew conception.
- Clifford Algebras and Lie Theory: 58 (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge / A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics)
- Representations of General Linear Groups (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Diophantine Approximation on Linear Algebraic Groups: Transcendence Properties of the Exponential Function in Several Variables (Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften)
- Groups St Andrews 1997 in Bath: Volume 2 (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- The Theory of Groups (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Yakov Berkovich; Zvonimir Janko: Groups of Prime Power Order. Volume 5: Volume 5 (De Gruyter Expositions in Mathematics)
Extra resources for Numerical Semigroups: 20 (Developments in Mathematics)
Numerical Semigroups: 20 (Developments in Mathematics) by J.C. Rosales,P. A. García-Sánchez