By Martin Eden Glicksman
• unique mathematical examples all through to steer readers
• functions of solidification and crystal progress methodologies for education and purification of metals, ceramics, polymers and semiconductors
• Appendices offering helping info on targeted themes coated within the chapters.
Readers in fabrics, metallurgical, chemical, and mechanical engineering will locate this to be an invaluable resource at the topics of solidification and crystal progress. Chemists, physicists, and geologists involved in melting/freezing phenomena also will locate a lot of worth during this book.
Read or Download Principles of Solidification: An Introduction to Modern Casting and Crystal Growth Concepts PDF
Similar dynamics books
Wertvolles Referenzwerk: Umfassend behandelt es die relevanten Aspekte der Technischen Verbrennung von den reaktionstechnischen Grundlagen bis hin zur Schadstoffbildung. Verständlich stellt es sowohl ein- wie mehrdimensionale Modelle turbulenter Strömungen dar, wie sie in CFD-Programmen zur Anwendung kommen.
Rotating Thermal Flows in average and business approaches offers the reader with a scientific description of the different sorts of thermal convection and stream instabilities in rotating platforms, as found in fabrics, crystal development, thermal engineering, meteorology, oceanography, geophysics and astrophysics.
The learn of thermodynamics is mainly well timed this present day, as its recommendations are being utilized to difficulties in biology, biochemistry, electrochemistry, and engineering. This ebook treats irreversible procedures and phenomena — non-equilibrium thermodynamics. S. R. de Groot and P. Mazur, Professors of Theoretical Physics, current a finished and insightful survey of the rules of the sector, supplying the one entire dialogue of the fluctuating linear conception of irreversible thermodynamics.
Average Convective warmth move from slim Plates bargains with a warmth move scenario that's of vital sensible significance yet which isn't thoroughly handled in any current textbooks or in any extensively to be had evaluation papers. the purpose of the ebook is to introduce the reader to fresh reviews of average convection from slim plates together with the results of plate side stipulations, plate inclination, thermal stipulations on the plate floor and interplay of the flows over adjoining plates.
- Stability and Suppression of Turbulence in Relaxing Molecular Gas Flows (Fluid Mechanics and Its Applications)
- Chemical Thermodynamics:With Examples for Nonequilibrium Processes
- Multiphase Flow Metering: Principles and Applications: 54 (Developments in Petroleum Science)
- Fluid Dynamics of Oil Production
Extra resources for Principles of Solidification: An Introduction to Modern Casting and Crystal Growth Concepts
Principles of Solidification: An Introduction to Modern Casting and Crystal Growth Concepts by Martin Eden Glicksman