By S. Donkin
Read Online or Download The q-Schur Algebra (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series) PDF
Similar group theory books
Devoted to Anthony Joseph, this quantity includes surveys and invited articles by means of major experts in illustration concept. the point of interest here's on semisimple Lie algebras and quantum teams, the place the influence of Joseph's paintings has been seminal and has replaced the face of the topic. introductory biographical overviews of Joseph's contributions in classical illustration conception (the concept of primitive beliefs in semisimple Lie algebras) and quantized illustration idea (the research of the quantized enveloping algebra) are by means of sixteen study articles masking a couple of assorted and fascinating issues in illustration thought.
A totally transformed new version of this incredible textbook. This key paintings is geared to the desires of the graduate pupil. It covers, with proofs, the standard significant branches of teams, earrings, fields, and modules. Its inclusive process signifies that all the important parts are explored, whereas the extent of element is perfect for the meant readership.
Here's a key textual content as regards to illustration thought in finite teams. The pages of this glorious little publication, ready by way of Rafael Stekolshchik, comprise a few new proofs when it comes to Coxeter modifications and the McKay Correspondence. They contain principles and formulae from a couple of luminaries together with J.
The articles in those volumes arose from papers given on the 1991 overseas Symposium on Geometric crew idea, they usually characterize a few of the newest considering during this zone. this primary quantity includes contributions from a number of the world's major figures during this box, and their contributions reveal the various fascinating features of geometrical staff idea.
- The Structure of Compact Groups (De Gruyter Studies in Mathematics)
- Stochastic Analysis and Related Topics VI: Proceedings of the Sixth Oslo—Silivri Workshop Geilo 1996 (Progress in Probability)
- Fourier Analysis on Finite Abelian Groups (Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis)
- An Introduction to Dirac Operators on Manifolds (Progress in Mathematical Physics)
- Diophantine Approximation on Linear Algebraic Groups: Transcendence Properties of the Exponential Function in Several Variables (Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften)
- Discovering Group Theory: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics (Textbooks in Mathematics)
Extra info for The q-Schur Algebra (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
The q-Schur Algebra (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series) by S. Donkin